Los Angeles City College
Choral Composition Contest
Announcing the third annual LACC Choral Composition Contest.
The winner will receive a trophy and will have his/her composition performed by the LACC Choir at the Spring Choral Concert in May 2014.
- Open to all currently registered LACC students (2013-14 academic year)
- An unaccompanied or keyboard accompanied work for a mixed choir (SATB) with limited divisi
- Unpublished composition with a duration of 3-5 minutes
- Work must have rights to text (permission from the copyright owner or proof of public domain)
- Text could be either secular or sacred in nature and suitable for a public college performance
Judging and Selection of Winner:
- LACC music faculty will serve as judges
- Winner will receive an email notification by March 15, 2014.
- Winner must be present at the performance of his/her work.
- Winning composition will be reproduced by the LACC Music Department for the performance and kept on file. Score and performance video may be used for promotional purposes.
- Winning composition will be performed at the Spring Concert presented by the Philharmonic Choir and the Chamber Chorale in May 2014.
Submission and Return Guidelines:
- Include your name, pseudonym, email address, and phone number(s) in a sealed envelope.
- Names must not appear on the score. Please use a pseudonym.
- All scores must be produced using a music notation program. No handwritten copies will be accepted.
- Composition should be printed on letter size (8.5” x 11”) paper.
- Include a CD of the score. MIDI and software generated recordings are acceptable.
- All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by LACC and scores will not be returned.
- Turn in your completed packet in an envelope to the LACC music department office by the deadline.
- Decision of the judges is final.
Deadline: Thursday, February 13, 2014 (5 p.m.)