Alpha Mu Gamma, the national collegiate foreign language honor society, annually offers the following scholarships:
- Three Goddard, Indovina & Krakowski Scholarships ($1,000) for any foreign language study.
- One James Fonseca Scholarship ($500) for the study of Esperanto or Spanish.
- Sister Eloise-Thérèse ($500) Scholarship.
Applicant must be a full member, college student, of Alpha Mu Gamma (undergraduate and graduate) planning to continue the study of a foreign language and participates in a national competition.
Procedures:Application forms are available ONLY from individual AMG chapter sponsors/advisors in the beginning of October of each year. It is to be noted that the National Office will not send out any scholarship application forms to any private individual. Deadline for submitting the completed application (in one packet) to the Chair of the Scholarship Committee is February 1, of the new year. Winners are, normally, notified around the beginning of April.
The applicant must carry out the following steps:
- Four copies of completed application form
- Four copies of Personal Statement (essay)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one of them must be by a chapter advisor)
- College transcript(s)
- Photocopy of applicant's AMG Full Member Certificate
Failure to complete any step by the deadline will automatically void the application. It is incumbent on each applicant to collect all the required forms and mail them in one packet to the Chair of the Scholarship Committee by the specified deadline.
Scholarships are not renewable, but there is no limit on the times a member can apply for them.
Alpha Mu Gamma National Office
Los Angeles City College
855 N. Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Phone & Fax: (323) 644-9752