How to apply For membership
Please fill out an application form. Request a member of the faculty from one of your science, math, or engineering classes to sign the “Faculty Recommendation” portion. Please submit your application to:
Chris Wohlers (STEM Academy Student Center Coordinator)
FH-304; 10:00am to 6:00pm, MTWTh (hours beginning August 25)
Scan and email the completed form to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are required to attend an orientation meeting. After the orientation, you will be notified of your acceptance into the program via email.
Fall Orientation Schedule
(All orientations are 45 minutes long.)
12:15 Thursday, Sept. 4th
12:00 Friday, Sept 5th
2:00 Friday, Sept 5th
5:45 Wednesday, Sept. 10th
12:15 Thursday, Sept. 11th
5:45 Thursday, Sept 11th
10:45 Friday, Sept. 12th
11.00 am Thursday, Sept. 18
12.00 pm Friday, Sept. 19
11.00am Tuesday, Sept. 23rd
11.00am Thursday, Sept. 25th
All orientations will be held in room FH 308, unless noted otherwise on this page.
Students enrolled in at least one LACC course in the current term are eligible to apply for membership in the STEM Academy if they agree to the following:
I intend to transfer to a 4-year institution and major in math, science, or engineering.
- I will complete an educational plan during my first term of membership with the assistance of the STEM Academy Academic Counselor, Ed Bird Song.
- My GPA is at or above 2.5.
- I am enrolled in intermediate algebra (MATH 125) or have completed this math level or above.
- I agree to attend at least 3 STEM Academy Skills Workshops every semester.
- I agree to participate in at least one STEM student club.
- I agree to submit a course progress report at 6 and 12 weeks into the semester.
- I agree to prepare a personal state and resume.
- I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the LACC STEM Academy regarding the use of its facilities.