How to apply For membership
We are in the process of making some changes to our application process, so the information contained on this page may change over the coming weeks.
Students enrolled in at least one LACC course in the current term are eligible to apply for membership in the STEM Program if they agree to the following:
I intend to transfer to a 4-year institution and major in math, science, or engineering field that includes Math-261 (Calculus I) or Chemistry-101 in its curriculum.
- I will complete an educational plan during my first year of membership with the assistance of an LACC Academic Counselor.
- I am enrolled in intermediate algebra (MATH 125) or have completed this math level or above.
- I will prepare a personal statement and resume.
- I will abide by the rules and regulations of the LACC STEM Program regarding the use of its facilities.
- I will attend an orientation meeting the first time I join STEM.
Applying to the STEM Program
If you meet the membership requirements and wish to be a member of the STEM Program, please send an email to Professor Jayesh Bhakta (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining STEM or visit the STEM Learning Center FH-304.