The Mission Statement
The mission statement for the athletic training room and sports medicine program at Los Angeles City College is professional athletic trainers and student volunteers dedicated to the continuous improvement of health care of community college student athletes that sustained an injury while participating in interscholastic sports program at Los Angeles City College.
To be a quality driven support system committed to expanding the opportunities that will enhance the education experience for students that are interested in the field of athletic training, sports medicine and sports physical therapy.
- Enhance the education and practical experience of students.
- Be an integral part of the health care and education of student volunteers as well as the student athlete
- Recognize the special responsibility we have to the student interested in athletic training, as well as the athlete, and coach.
- Provide an environment where all student athletes as well as student volunteers are treated with fairness, dignity and respect, so they have the opportunity to be exposed to the profession of athletic training.
Our Core Belief: What WE Stand For
- Respect: We treat everyone with respect, valuing cultural and individual differences, and showing care and concern for others.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standard of honesty, truthfulness and good quality care.
- Cooperation: We join with the campus community to advance the interest in athletic training through positive learning experiences to the student.