Distance Education: students
I want to take an online class, what do I do?
- Take the self-assessment at Am I Ready for an Online Class?
Students may enroll in online classes through the Student Information System anytime after their registration appointment date until the first day of the semester, or the class limit is reached. Instructors of class sections that have reached the enrollment cap may, at their discretion, add a limited number of additional students. The individual instructor must be contacted to determine if they are accepting add requests. Using your official, LACC-assigned student email addresses at (username)@student.laccd.edu state your request to add the course including the Course Title and Section Number. Please also include your complete, official name and student ID number in all add requests.
- Go to Admission Office links and forms
- And check the schedule of classes for specific information on getting started or orientation dates.
I am enrolled in an online class, what do I do now?
- Make certain that you list a correct email address in your student profile in the LACCD student information system.
- Look for email messages from the instructor of your online course. These messages will be sent to your official, LACC-assigned student email addresses at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the current schedule of classes for information about instructor contact and in-person meetings. It is your responsibility to attend mandatory orientation meetings, and you may be dropped for non-attendance,
- If you do not hear from your instructor within the first 2 days of the beginning of the term send them an email. In your email subject line state your course name and section#, include your complete, official name and student ID in the body of your message. A complete campus directory may be found here.
What resources are available to me as a DE student?
Student Services for DE Students
Online Research Resources
Course Management System