Learning Disabilities services
Learning Disabilities Services are designed to identify and assess learning disabilities, provide educational support for currently enrolled students with verified learning disabilities. The goal of the program is to promote success and course completion in an environment that is encouraging, accepting, and non-judgmental.
Each student works with their Learning Disabilities Specialist to determine the following:
- Eligibility for services
- Learning strengths, weaknesses and degree of impact on the learning process
- Appropriate accommodations/adjustments
- Recommendations and referrals on and off campus
For More information about Learning Disabilities
Link to Information about LD
- Definition of LD [.doc] or [PDF]
- Eligibility for LD Services [.doc] or [PDF]
- Types of Services for Students with LD [.doc] or [PDF]
- Characteristics of College students with LD [.doc] or [PDF]
- Suggestions for College Students With LD [.doc] or [PDF]
For general questions about Learning Disabilities, see the assistant in the Tutoring Center or the High Tech Center.
For specific questions or to schedule an appointment to see a Learning Disabilities Specialist, call 323 953-4000
Ext. 2273 for last names beginning with A-M
Ext. 2278 for last names beginning with N-Z
Students may fill out a Learning Skill 40 Student Intake form [PDF]and bring to appointment.
Donna Morley, M.S. LD Specialist
Susan Matranga, M.A. LD Specialist