Canvas Info & Support
Access to Canvas
When you register for a class you will be added automatically to the canvas shell. However, many instructors will not publish their shells until the first day of class, so it may not appear on your Canvas dashboard until the semester/session starts.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours after you add a class for your account to become active in Canvas.
Logging In To Canvas
Students will access Canvas through the SIS PeopleSoft Portal. Login to SIS and choose the Canvas tile. If you need to reset your SIS Password, call (844) 695-2223. Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7 pm.
LACC Canvas Support
- Call: Monday-Friday: (323) 953-4000 ext x 2480
- Call: After hours: (844) 303-5593
- Email: CanvasSupport@lacitycollege.edu from your LACCD email. Please be sure to include your name, Student ID Number, the section number of the class, and a description of the problem.
Contacting Your Instructor
If you need to contact your instructor prior to start of class, use the LACC Employee Directory to find their email address or check the Department webpage.
Additional Canvas Resources
Have questions about how to use Canvas? Try the Canvas Student Guides, also available in Spanish, for frequently asked questions. Want online tutorials? Try these comprehensive videos on how to use Canvas:
- Canvas Overview (Students)
- Canvas Student App
- Assignments Overview (Students)
- Assignment Submissions (Students)
- Calendar Overview (Students)
- Chat (Students)
- Communication (Students)
- Dashboard Overview (Students)
- Discussions Overview (Students)
- Feedback Overview (Students)
- Files Overview (Students)
- Grades (Students)
- Quizzes (Students)
- Learn to Use Canvas (Video)
Mondays to Fridays: 9AM - 5:30PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Teaching Learning Center (TLC) Adrian Brown,
Online Technical Support Assistant
Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2480