LACC Credit and Noncredit ESL: We can help you reach your goals.
- Many Credit ESL students have academic goals, but some use our academic English program for work requirements.
- Focus on academic English skills
- Prepare students for success in American college classrooms
- Ready students for transfer to universities and/or 2-year degrees
- Credit ESL classes give grades (GPA) and students can earn credit toward an AA/AS degree or they can transfer to a university
- Credit ESL courses are ideal for F1 and F2 visa students
- For California residents, out-of-state students, international students (F1 & F2 visa), and DACA recipients
- Fee-based courses, financial aid or fee waiver available
- Many of our noncredit ESL students are working on their general English.
- Improve overall English skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Help with the language of daily life skills (citizenship, medical care, parent-teacher conferences, employment, etc.)
- Help with understanding American culture, customs, and public services
- Builds skills for Credit classes, GED classes, and Citizenship
- Noncredit ESL classes give grades (P/SP/NP) that can be used to earn vocational certificates for employment and careers
- Noncredit ESL courses are repeatable, open entry and open exit
- No residency requirement