Announcements - updated 8/28/23
1) Canvas will update for online class access within 2 hours of enrollment. To access your online class, log into the student portal at mycollege.laccd.edu and click on Canvas.
2) To clear a prerequisite, email Academic Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line "Your Name - Student ID# - the LACC course(s) you intend to take." Please attach a copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable) that clearly shows the college name, your name, the course title, the term taken, and the final grade received. If you already had your transcript sent to LACC, you can mention that in your email. During business hours, you may also try live online chat with Academic Counseling using this link for LACC Express Counseling: https://laccd.craniumcafe.com/group/express-counseling/lobby . Transcripts are not automatically evaluated when received, you must follow up with counseling as above.
3) For Admissions and Records, all items to be processed must be emailed from the LACCD student email account to: email@example.com . We will reply to your email once processed.
4) If you are checking on incoming transcripts you had sent from another university, please note they may take 1-2 weeks to be scanned and logged. In the meantime the To Do List item regarding transcripts does not prevent enrollment. You may enroll for classes without waiting on them, though please see item #2 if there are prerequisites.
5) If you have trouble with enrollment, the Admissions Office can attempt to process it for you if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your student email account. Use "Add Class" for a subject line and be sure to include student name, student number, course name, course number (5 digits), semester/year and permission number from the instructor (if necessary).
6) Our standard processing time for Parchment transcript orders is up to 10 business days (approximately two weeks). Please note this is separate from delivery method so please also factor in delivery time if you chose the physical mailing option.
7) Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 Certificates and Degrees are ready to pick up in the Admissions Office. If you prefer to have it mailed, please notify us at email@example.com.
8) For K-12 students, please note once the permission form is processed you may enroll into class. The High School student hold does not come off until you graduate but we use other pages to process the permission form. You may enroll into the specific classes listed on the form. A new form is required for every semester.
9) Having trouble with your student portal password? Please send your name, student number, and photo ID card to firstname.lastname@example.org to request password reset. If you need a reset for your phone authentication, please email that request (including any phone number change necessary and your photo ID and student information as above) to email@example.com.
10) The Summer and Fall 2023 schedules are now posted online at https://www.lacitycollege.edu/academics/class-schedules . Enrollment for both Summer and Fall has now begun for all active students. Applications are still being taken through CCCApply but require 3 business days to fully process once submitted before your student portal and email will be active and registration will be possible. Please apply here: https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=741.
11) Counseling appointments currently open each day for the next day on the counseling department website. https://www.lacitycollege.edu/student-services/counseling . Please note Admissions & Records cannot assist with appointment requests. But, Express Counseling is available during the counseling office's hours which is an on the spot online live chat with a counselor for approximately 10 minutes. Most requests such as home campus changes, major changes, academic renewals etc. can be resolved during an express session. https://laccd.craniumcafe.com/group/express-counseling/lobby.
12) The commencement/graduation ceremony for 2023 has concluded, however please note that participation was optional. Any graduation petition for Spring 2023 that was submitted before the end of that semester will be evaluated for degrees in late Summer. A status of "Pending" is normal for this. You may check the list here to confirm if your degree is in process: https://www.lacitycollege.edu/sites/lacc.edu/files/2023-05/2023%20list%20for%20Website%205-19-23.pdf.
13) Spring 2023 graduates will be receiving an email in September from Parchment.com on how to receive their diplomas digitally and by mail. Please be on the look out for the email in your junk or spam folder.