Announcements - updated 10/18/2023
1) The Fall 2023 and Winter/Spring 2024 schedules are now posted online at https://www.lacitycollege.edu/academics/class-schedules. Enrollment times for Winter and Spring should be posted to student portals by the end of Friday, October 20. Applications are still being taken through CCCApply but require 3 business days to fully process once submitted before your student portal and email will be active and registration will be possible. Please apply here: LACC Application
2) Fall 2023 Instructions for Class Enrollment: Online self-enrollment is now closed except for the second Fall session starting October 23rd. Students can still enroll for these October classes without permission numbers if the classes are open, either online through the student portal at mycollege.laccd.edu or in person at the Admissions Office. First session and full term Fall classes now require a permission number issued by the instructor, regardless of open, closed, or wait list status, as well as an authorization statement from the instructor indicating the student has been participating since before the census date. If the class is online, send an email to the instructor to request permission and this confirmation. If the class is in person, go to the next class meeting to request permission and have the instructor sign a late add form (available from the admissions counter). Contact and room information is available in individual class details. If the class has no specific listed instructor, contact the department overseeing the class: LACC Academic Departments
3) Canvas will update for online class access within 2 hours of enrollment. To access your online class, log into the student portal at mycollege.laccd.edu and click on Canvas.
4) To clear a prerequisite, email Academic Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line "Your Name - Student ID# - the LACC course(s) you intend to take." Please attach a copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable) that clearly shows the college name, your name, the course title, the term taken, and the final grade received. If you already had your transcript sent to LACC, you can mention that in your email. During business hours, you may also try live online chat with Academic Counseling using this link for LACC Express Counseling: LACC Counseling Lobby. Transcripts are not automatically evaluated when received, you must follow up with counseling as above.
5) For Admissions and Records, all items to be processed must be emailed from the LACCD student email account to: email@example.com . We will reply to your email once processed.
6) If you are checking on incoming transcripts you had sent from another university, please note they may take 1-2 weeks to be scanned and logged. In the meantime the To Do List item regarding transcripts does not prevent enrollment. You may enroll for classes without waiting on them, though please see item #2 if there are prerequisites.
7) If you have trouble with enrollment, the Admissions Office can attempt to process it for you if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your student email account. Use "Add Class" for a subject line and be sure to include student name, student number, course name, course number (5 digits), semester/year and permission number from the instructor (if necessary).
8) Our standard processing time for Parchment transcript orders is up to 10 business days (approximately two weeks). Please note this is separate from delivery method so please also factor in delivery time if you chose the physical mailing option.
9) Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 Certificates and Degrees are ready to pick up in the Admissions Office. If you prefer to have it mailed, please notify us at email@example.com.
10) For K-12 students, please note once the permission form is processed you may enroll into class. The High School student hold does not come off until you graduate but we use other pages to process the permission form. You may enroll into the specific classes listed on the form. A new form is required for every semester.
11) Having trouble with your student portal password? Please send your name, student number, and photo ID card to firstname.lastname@example.org to request password reset. If you need a reset for your phone authentication, please email that request (including any phone number change necessary and your photo ID and student information as above) to email@example.com.
12) Counseling appointments currently open each day for the next day on the counseling department website. https://www.lacitycollege.edu/student-services/counseling . Please note Admissions & Records cannot assist with appointment requests. But, Express Counseling is available during the counseling office's hours which is an on the spot online live chat with a counselor for approximately 10 minutes. Most requests such as home campus changes, major changes, academic renewals etc. can be resolved during an express session. LACC Express Counseling Lobby
**NEW FOR SPRING 2023 DIPLOMAS: All Spring 2023 diplomas will be distributed through a third-party company called Parchment using the mailing address we have in our system.
You can expect to receive a text message and an email from Parchment.com in your student email account sometime after October 19th, 2023. This message/email will include a link to claim your digital transcript within 30 days. After receiving the email, physical copies will be mailed out, but only after a 3-day grace period. During this time, you will have a window of 3 days to confirm your mailing address directly from the Parchment webpage, without having to contact Admissions.
If you have changed your legal name, phone number, or mailing address, we recommend to reach out to the Admissions and Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the updates at your earliest convenience, since waiting for the email from Parchment will give you only three days from the day you receive the email to make the necessary changes. Please be sure to attach a photo ID for verification with any change requests.