Crime in Progress or Civil Disturbance

  1. DO NOT attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal except in the case of self protection.
  2. If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the criminal. “Be a Good Witness.” Note height, weight, sex, race, approximate age, clothing, method and direction of travel, and his/her name, if known. All of this only takes a few seconds, and is of the utmost help to the responding officers. If you are witnessing a criminal entering a vehicle, please note: i.e. the license plate number, make, model, color, and any outstanding characteristics.
  3. Call the College Sheriff’s Department on ext. 2911 (from your mobile phone dial (323) 953-2911. Give your name, location and department. Advise the dispatcher of the situation and stay on the line until told to do otherwise. If you are safe in your place, remain where you are until contacted by the College Sheriff’s personnel.


  1. DO NOT interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with authorities on the scene.
  2. If a civil disturbance and/or demonstration becomes unlawful, Discreetly call the college Sheriff’s Department ext. 2911 (from your mobile phone dial (323) 953-2911. To avoid escalating the situation, use a private office to place this call whenever possible. The Sheriff’s Office will determine if the disturbance/demonstration is lawful or not and handle accordingly.
  3. Calmly alert all employees in the area to the situation.
  4. Continue with the normal routine as much as possible. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
  5. If a threat to a person or property is evident, the Sheriff’s Department personnel will advise to cease operation and plan to evacuate the area. Lock all doors; secure all files, documents, and equipment.

The LACC Sheriff's Station

Office Hours and Location

Operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Cesar Chavez Administration Building 111



In an emergency, dial 2911 from any campus phone or call the direct Emergency phone number at (323) 953-2911.

For non-emergencies and general questions, please call (323) 953-4005 or you can email us at