Campus Ambassador Program
The Campus Ambassador position is a student worker position at Los Angeles City College. Working under the direction of Los Angeles Community College District personnel alongside the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Campus Ambassadors provide a full range of services to the campus community.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Assist students, employees, and guests with any questions
- Respond to calls for service and assist Sheriff's personnel
- Provide courtesy escorts
- Lost property collection
- Patrol the interior of the campus
- Patrol the parking lots and ensure compliance with all parking rules and regulations, and issue citations to vehicles not in compliance
- Work at fixed posts as needed
This position may be assigned to assist with security for special events related to the College or the District, including special parking enforcement. Campus Ambassadors work 24/7, as well as on holidays and weekends. Campus Ambassadors receive related training necessary to perform the job. Campus Ambassadors are paid at the current LACCD Student Worker hourly rate, and work 18-20 hours per week year-round.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at a college within the district
- Students must be 18 years or older
If interested in the Campus Ambassador position, click here to download the cadet application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off in person at the Sheriff's Office located in AD 111.
Office Hours and Location
The LACC Sheriff's Station
Cesar Chavez Administration Building 111
Operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
In an emergency, dial 2911 from any campus phone or call the direct Emergency phone number at Phone: (323) 953-2911.
For non-emergencies and general questions, please call (323) 953-4005 or you can email us at