Fall 2022: Sunday, November 27, 2022 is the last day to submit a loan application for attendance in fall.
Winter 2023: Sunday, January 15, 2023 is the last day to submit a loan application for attendance in winter.
Spring 2023: Sunday, May 21, 2023 is the last day to submit a loan application for attendance in spring.
Summer 2023: Sunday, August 6, 2023 is the last day to submit a loan application for attendance in summer.
- Complete a 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Studentaid.gov.
- LACC must be the student's home school within the Los Angeles Community College District.
- Pursue a financial aid eligible academic program at LACC.
- Satisfy the general student financial aid eligibility requirements.
- Have received a 2022-2023 Award Letter or a letter stating you are ineligible for any need-based aid.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units applicable to your academic program. Students under an extension appeal contract students must be enrolled in six (6) financial aid approved units.
- Comply with Entrance Loan Counseling requirements.
- Have an active Master Promissory Note.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Before you apply for a student loan
Read Your Federal Student Loans. Understanding student loans is very important. Before applying for a loan you should make sure that you fully understand its terms and conditions. You should also be aware of your rights and responsibilities. You can learn more about these on the Student Rights and Responsibilities page.
Read the Los Angeles City College Student Loan Guide for important information about Stafford Loans and general financial aid eligibility.
Types of Student Loans
- Connect with our services on Cranium Café Virtual Lobby
- Connect with our Financial Aid Student Technology Virtual Lab
Have a question about LACC?
Contact the LACC Call Center:
Office Hours and Location
In-Person & Online
Spring Break Hours:
Mondays to Wednesdays: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Thursdays: 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Fridays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Building, 1st Floor
Fax: (323) 953-4029