Economic Development and Workforce Education
The Office of Economic Development and Workforce Education (EDWE) at Los Angeles City College works collaboratively with internal and both public and private sector partners throughout Los Angeles County to transform communities through excellence in career education. With the support of businesses, industry partners, and a variety of LAUSD schools, LACC is bridging the gap between a competitively skilled and competent workforce, and new, evolving workplace demands.
EDWE is empowered to provide exceptional, targeted programs and services by the administration of federal, state, and local level grants, and various workforce-related projects.
EDWE facilitates the provision of a broad spectrum of pathways, resources, training, and tools for students, professionals, and businesses including:
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Dual Enrollment programs
- Student internships
- LACC Apprenticeship Initiative
- Career advancement services
- Job preparation and readiness support
The EDWE staff and strategy are committed to a sustainable effort toward:
- Broadening educational and career exploration opportunities to improve student persistence.
- Enhancing education programs by providing resources to modernize and expand opportunities for our students.
- Creating and strengthening partnerships by promoting, engaging, and committing to collaborations that increase enrollment and employability.