Academic Counseling & F1 Advising
The International Student Program provides F-1 visa international students with Academic Counseling as well as immigration advisment with our Designated School Officials.
ISP EXPRESS COUNSELING
Visit: ISP Express Counseling
Hours - Monday, 9am-11am; Tuesday, 9am-11am; Wednesday, 1pm-3pm; Thursday, 1pm-3pm.
Online “Express” counseling is available as a 10-minute conversation with a counselor for any of the following:
- Prerequisite clearances
- Course advisement (not requiring outside transcript evaluation)
- Information about associate degree/certificate programs
- Questions regarding F1 petitions such as: RCL, Concurrent Enrollment, etc.
- General education patterns
- IGETC / CSU GE-Breadth inquiries
- Information about important enrollment deadlines and registration assistance
- Clarification of college academic policies and procedures
- Assistance with various forms/petitions such as: academic renewal, course repeat, general petition, pass/non pass, unit overload, etc.
- Information about campus support resources and/or programs
Express counseling is not for comprehensive education plans, transcript evaluations, academic probation appeals, or graduation checks and graduation petitioning. If you need more than 10 minutes, please schedule a counseling appointment.
SCHEDULE COUNSELING APPOINTMENT
To schedule a counseling appointment select:
- Education plan for 3 semesters or more
- Fell below 12 units in Spring or Fall semester
- Education plan for I-20 Extension Request
- Education plan for I-20 Major Change Request
- Education plan for Reduced Course Load Request (final semester)
- Education plan for OPT application
- Graduation evaluation and petition
- University transfer advising
- Transcript evaluation (non-LACCD)
- Academic probation/dismissal
F-1 ADVISEMENT REQUEST
DSO Services Offered
- Travel Authorization
- I-20 Extension
- OPT Application/Reporting
- Reinstatement Request
For scheduling an appointment for the services listed above: Contact the International Student Program staff at email@example.com and provide the following infomration:
- Subject Line: Service Needed i.e. Travel Authorization, I-20 Extension, etc.
- Your Name
- Student ID Number
- Reasons for your appointment
- Your availability