Medical Insurance for F-1 Visa Students
AETNA is your network of doctors and providers. The insurance plan will be administered by LewerMark. All F1 international students at LACC are required to enroll in a medical insurance policy provided by the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD). Plan Information Packet
Health Insurance Workshops
Learn about and how to use your New insurance plan and benefits. Watch the Insurance Workshop. Click View Now!
Coverage Dates & Cost
|FALL SEMESTER:||August 15th - January 31, 2022||COST: $703.34|
|WINTER SESSION:||Decemeber 15th 2021 - January 20223||COST: TBD|
|SPRING SEMESTER:||February 1st - August 14, 2023||COST: $703.34|
|SUMMER SESSION:||May 15th - August 14, 2022||COST: $338.79|
STUDENT INSURANCE LOGIN:
- Your member ID card.
- The Find a Doctor tool.
- More information about your plan benefits.
- Health tips that are tailored to you.
- LiveHealth Online and 24/7 NurseLine
- Mental Health Online Support
- Student support specialists
- Plan Information Packet
ABOUT YOUR POLICY
LewerMark will assist you with any customer service needs as you navigate the U.S. healthcare system. AETNA is your network of doctors and providers. This plan provides free access to Teladoc, My SSP, and SES. Please open and read the attached welcome flyer that highlights some of these innovative features. Plan Information Packet
Do you have questions about your policy? You may engage directly with LewerMark Representatives at 1.800.821.7710 or email email@example.com.
If you are currently are on or plan to be on OPT and would like to enroll in health insurance here are some insurance options:
1) To stay on your currently healthcare plan you will need to contact Ms. Marine Petrosyan/DSO and notify her of your intent to enroll. Please note that there is an additional $25 SEVIS fee that is applied.
2) Contact LewerMark directly to learn about individual plans available at www.lewerglobal.com and select OPT as an option.
Understanding Health Insurance in the U.S.
The health care system in the U.S. is quite different than in most other countries. Please watch these useful videos for more information about your health care plan.
International Student Health - Click VIDEO
Using your insurance - Click VIDEO
Deductibles, Coinsurance and Copays: Click VIDEO