English Proficiency Requirement
To be admitted to LACC as an international student, you must take one of the following English Proficiency Exams and submit a satisfactory score/level at the time of your application.
If you are seeking to attend our Language Academy at LACC please apply today.
Click LANGUAGE ACADEMY
English Proficiency Waiver Options
1. Students from countries where their official language is English are waived from the English proficiency requirement.
2. If students are transferring to LACC from another U.S. college/university, you only need to provide unofficial transcripts from your institutions.
3. High School English Verification Letter: If you have attended a U.S. high school or an IB high school either overseas in the U.S. for at least 3 years, provide a letter on official school letterhead from the principle or head master stating the level of proficiency.
4. High School English Verification Letter: If you have attended a U.S. high school or an IB high school either overseas in the U.S. for at least 3 years, provide a letter on official school letterhead from the principle or head master stating the level of proficiency.
5. Completed the LACC Language Academy.
Accepted Proof of English Proficiency:
|Test Name||Description||Required Score|
|Doulingo||Doulingo asses verbal, written proficiency of non-native speakers||75 or Higher|
|iTEP||The iTEP assesses the English proficiency of non-native speakers.||3.0 or higher|
|IELTS||The IELTS measures ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.||4.5 or higher|
|TOEFL||The TOEFL test covers all facets of English proficiency, including a test of spoken English and grammar exercises.||45 or higher for IBT, 133 or higher for CBT, 450 or higher for PBT|
|EIKEN||Japan’s leading language assessment test, backed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).||LACC requires: 2nd Grade A or higher|
|MELAB||The MELAB evaluates advanced-level English language competence of adult nonnative speakers of English.||LACC requires: 75 or higher|
|Cambridge ESOL||The ESOL exams are the world’s leading range of certificates for learners of English.||LACC requires: FCE or higher|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic||PTE Academic is accepted by thousands of academic programs in the US, including top public and private universities.||LACC requires: 45 or higher|
|Adams College of English (ACE)||Language School||Completion of CEFR Level or higher|
|California Language School (CLS)||Language School||Completion of Advanced ESL Level or higher|
|Language Systems International (LSI)||Language School||Completion of Advanced Level 6 or higher|
|POLY Language Institute||Language School||Completion of Advanced Level 6 or higher|
|EC Language School||Language School||CEFR B2 or completion of Intermediate Level or higher|
|Olympia Education Institute||Language School||Completion of CEFR B1 or higher|
|Mentor Language Institute||Language School||Completion of High Intermediate 1 level 5|
|Harvest Language Institute||Language School||Completion of Level 5|