Los Angeles City College’s Office of Special Services (OSS) authorizes accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or support services to students who have verified disabilities such as:
- Physical Disability
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH)
- Blind and Low Vision
- Learning Disability
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Autism Spectrum
- Mental Health Disability
- Other Health Conditions and Disabilities
Students with disabilities who attend Los Angeles City College must make measurable progress toward their educational goals.
- I will update my OSS application each semester that I enroll in a class at LACC.
- I will provide OSS with any information (reports, diagnoses, etc.) deemed necessary by OSS to verify my disability(ies). (E.g., medical, psychological, and/or educational information signed by an appropriately licensed professional.)
- I will meet with an academic counselor/specialist to complete a Student Educational Plan/Contract and I agree to meet each semester to update my Student Educational Plan/Contract and Academic Accommodations.
- I will make measurable progress toward the goals established in my Student Educational Plan and meet academic standards established by the college.
- I will utilize OSS programs and services in a responsible manner including notification forty-eight (48) hours in advance for OSS service cancellations, appointment changes, or requests for information related to my OSS student file.
- I will comply with the Student Code of Conduct adopted by the Los Angeles Community College District.
How do I Apply?
New students: Please visit the page How to Apply: New Students
Continuing students: Please visit the page How to Apply: Continuing Students
Orientation for new and ongoing students who are blind or have low vision:
For individual orientation, please contact Robert Dominick at (323) 953-4000 ext. 2271 to set up an appointment.
High Tech Center Hours:
Monday to Thursday we are open for drop-in from 9 AM to 4 PM or by appointment. Please email email@example.com
Here are links to some other offices with whom we work:
Admissions & Records
Associated Student Government (ASG)
Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS)
Office Hours and Location
Los Angeles City College
Office of Special Services
855 N. Vermont Avenue, SSB 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Mondays to Thursdays 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Fridays 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Building, 1st Floor
Voicemail: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2270 (TTY/TDD)
Online: OSS on Cranium Cafe