There are multiple ways to apply to use the GI Bill®:
- The student can log onto va.gov and apply.
- They can also apply in person at a regional VA office.
- They can call to have an application sent to them by mail.
- They can have an accredited representative to assist in the application process.
- The average processing time is 30 days.
- Dependents can also apply for the CalVet Fee Waiver, which waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus.
- The Veterans' Access, Choice, & Accountability Act Ensures that public universities consider recently discharged veterans (within 3 years of semester start date) for in-state tution rates.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).