LACC Extension (formerly Community Services) is a not-for-credit program that offers classes, workshops, seminars, clinics, field-trips and other offerings open to the community and supported by the fees paid by students attending each offering.
Whether you know us as "extension," "continuing education," "community education," or "lifelong learning," we represent a 3rd type of educational offerings community colleges in California can do besides classes "for-credit" (for degrees and certificates and with financial aid possible), or free, "noncredit" courses for basic skills development and career training.
In a nutshell, LACC Extension offers classes, events and other offerings for just about anyone in the community - old or young, resident or not, training for a career or just looking to have a good time. Our offerings are not-for-credit (no transcripts, degrees or CA Community College Certificate programs), and are supported by fees or donations/contributions. We're kind of like public TV or radio, but the education version!
We help folks learn a skill, try out new things and connect with LACC and their neighbors in an educational setting.
LACC Extension Mission
To provide a wide array of student and community-supported classes, workshops, seminars, excursions, recreational and other offerings to all members of the community. We aim to contribute to the physical, mental, moral, economic and civic development of our surrounding community and in doing so, foster a sense of community and neighborhood.
LACC Extension strives to achieve the following program outcomes:
- Provide a broad range of offerings that contribute to the development of the surrounding community
- Employ qualified instructors with knowledge or skills specific to their topic of instruction
- Provide flexible, individualized offerings for entities or individuals upon request
- Provide instructional space that facilitates an effective, safe, and enjoyable learning environment for our offerings
- Deliver auxiliary support offerings for LACC's credit and non-credit programs and for student support services
Office Hours and Location
Tuesdays to Fridays in AD109: 9:00AM - 5:30PM
Saturdays in AD112: 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2651