The Los Angeles City College Apprenticeship Initiative was established to create a connection between students and employers, and collaboratively define and provide the crucial apprenticeship skills students need to sustainably step into the leading industries of tomorrow. The LACC Apprenticeship Initiative’s events and workshops are designed to enhance student/apprentice skill sets thereby bolstering marketability of apprentices and future employees.
Students Served: 333
LACC Apprenticeship Initiative’s benefits and services include:
- Soft skills workshops (communication, team building, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Resume building assistance
- One-on-one apprentice peer mentoring
- Career exploration and advisement
- Networking events
- Hotspot internet access
- Customizable virtual workshops for employee technical and soft skills training
- Membership in CTE advisory board
- Quarterly round table meetings
- Invitation to annual CTE Spotlight Awards
About the LACC Apprenticeship Initiative
The LACC Apprenticeship Initiative is open to all state registered employers and apprentices within Los Angeles County. Specifically, the Apprenticeship Initiative can assist:
- Businesses interested in creating a registered apprenticeship
- Businesses with a registered apprenticeship(s)
- Registered apprentices
- Mentors of registered apprentices
Employers and apprentices from any industry are welcome to participate in this program.
- ABC SoCAl
Join Us Today!
More about Apprenticeship Initiative Workshops
- These workshops are offered for 1 hour so it can fit into anyone’s day.
- Upon completion, registered apprentices and mentors of registered apprentices will receive a certificate of attendance for that session.
- Current Workshop Offerings
- Financial Literacy
- Workplace Communication
- Successful Online Leadership
- Apprenticeship in the Digital Age
- Workshops currently focus on general soft skills, mainly communication, as this is a central need for all industries. However, through collaboration with businesses with apprenticeships and faculty, workshops can be customized to fit industry/apprenticeship needs.
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2594
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our Administration and Staff page for contact information, and email our team today!
Follow LACC Apprenticeship Initiative Online: