How Does it Work?
In an online course, your instruction is delivered over the internet rather than in-person, in a traditional classroom. You may even want to think of the course management system (in our case, Canvas) as a virtual classroom. Canvas is where your instructor will:
- post all of the course materials,
- conduct online discussions and perhaps other activities, and
- receive your assignments.
Additionally, it is where your instructor will expect you to:
- read all of the course materials posted there,
- participate in the activities created, and
- use the CMS to submit your assignments.
Accessing Canvas is easy--you can log in using any internet-capable device: a computer, tablet, or smart phone. This means that you will be able to "go to class" whenever and wherever you'd like, as long as you have an internet connection.