LACC Philosophical Society
Please join us for lively discussions on a wide variety of philosophical issues. Philosophy experience is not required. For meeting information, please contact Prof. Pak (email@example.com)
- "How is Social Media Changing our World?...And is it Good?"
- Are humans inherently good, evil or neutral?
- Plato's Allegory of the Cave
- Skepticism: What can we know about the world? Can we know anything about it? Is there a world? Is truth attainable?
- Scientism: Knowledge only comes from science.
- The Ethics of Suicide
- Do we possess free will or is life controlled by external forces?
- Aesthetics: Are beauty and humor subjective or objective?
- What is consciousness?
- What is the philosophical distinction between man and woman?
- "Faith and Kierkegaard"
- "Is ignorance bliss?”