Career Training and Opportunities
Research Experience Opportunity
The USC Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) offers a 10-week summer research program for undergraduates in intelligent interactive experiences. Reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of ICT research, we welcome applications from students in computer science, as well as many other fields, such as psychology, art/animation, interactive media, linguistics, and communications.
- Each summer intern will work with a mentor in one of several labs focusing on areas such as natural language dialogue, affective computing, intelligent human perception, cognitive architecture, learning sciences, and computer graphics and vision.
- Accepted students receive a $6000 stipend in addition to a travel and meals allowance and university housing.
- Applications are open to students who will be enrolled as undergraduates in Fall 2022, and who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Underrepresented minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications are due on February 21, 2022.
This Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) site is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
For more information and to apply, please visit: ict.usc.edu/
Internship Opportunity - 2021 South L.A. Intern Initiative
The mission of the South L.A. Intern Initiative is to give students and young people from South L.A. their first internship in tech.
What sort of positions will be available?
- Design and Visual Media Arts
- Business Operations
- Software Development
- Information Technology
View the L.A. Intern Initiative Flyer for More Information
Cybersecurity and Helpdesk/Desktop Support Opportunities
Hulu, Snapchat, and LACC in partnership with Year Up are looking for qualified individuals to participate in a 6-month, full-time, paid internship related to:
To be considered in the application process, you need to have completed the LACC A+ program consisting of the following four courses.
- CoTech-02 or El-02
- CoSci-101 or CoSci-103 or CIS-101 or CS-101
Slots are limited, so do not delay! The application deadline is December 11, 2020.
Office Hours and Location
Online Advisement Available
Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2689