Math Placement Tiers and Support Options
All students are eligible to enroll in the following courses depending on your area of study: MATH 227, MATH 230, MATH 236, MATH 245, or MATH 260. Each one meets graduation and transfer requirements.
- MATH 227 satisfies the College level Math requirements for MOST Social Science and Liberal Art majors.
- MATH 230 satisfies the College level Math requirement for SOME (check with the Counseling Department) Liberal Arts majors. Most universities accept Math 227 in place of Math 230.
- MATH 236 satisfies the College level Math requirement for MOST Business majors (UC Berkeley Business Majors need to take Math 261 in place of Math 236).
- MATH 245 satisfies the College level Math requirement for A FEW Business majors. Most universities accept Math 236 in place of Math 245.
- MATH 260 is the gatekeeper course for ALL STEM majors who need to take the Calculus series. All STEM majors must take Math 260 before attempting Math 261.
Talk with a counselor for further guidance and to learn about other support options that are available to you including TUTORING, SUCCESS COACHING, and BOOT CAMPS.