FYE Fall Courses
FYE Classes for Fall 2021
During Summer Bridge, you will have access to Success Coaches and counselors who can help confirm your schedule for fall 2021. Students are expected to sign up for classes through their student SIS portal and must be aware when signing up for specific FYE courses required by the program. An example of first semester fall schedule could look like the following:
- English course (required and must be an FYE specific course)
- Math course (required and must be an FYE specific course)
- Counseling 040B (required and must be an FYE specific course)
- General education course. Consider courses such as communications, the arts, humanities, and more
- Major specific course. These classes relate specifically to your major. Consult with an FYE counselor for recommendations. Check out the LACC catalog in order to get information about each major and which specific classes are needed by clicking this link.
- Elective course. These are courses that you take to explore and help you archive your 60 units needed for your degree/transfer. These courses could be for another major, future minor, or maybe to help develop skills for the workforce or a kinesiology activity course (1 unit). To read more about all the courses here at LACC, click on this link.
- Tutoring Courses. FYE courses will have built in options for additional tutoring but if they are not FYE English/math, then you would need to add a tutoring course. In your case, this might be a support math course, support english course,
- For math tutoring hours, please make sure you sign up for the appropriate FYE Math Course, add MATH 100/202.
- For English tutoring hours, sign up for English 104 or contact the Writers' Block
REMINDER: FYE students are expected to be FULL TIME during FA2021 (12 units min. unless you are part of a special program)