The following concepts are essential to the RESJ Center and its mission:
- Belonging: When students, faculty, and staff feel that they are valued members of the campus community.
- Diversity: Emphasizes the value of multicultural representation in the student body, faculty, staff, and leadership. Embracing a broad definition of culture, which includes many different identities, LACC acknowledges the power of diverse perspectives and experiences for building empathy, cultural competence, and appreciation for others.
- Equity: Providing access to resources and supporting community members, especially faculty, staff, and students from historically underrepresented and underserved groups. In doing so, these individuals can achieve their fullest academic and social-emotional potential.
- Inclusion: Allows each person to show up authentically and confident about their standing as a respected, valued member of the college community.
- Social Justice: Ensures equal economic, political, and social rights and opportunities, opening the doors of access and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need.