Guaranteed Admission Programs
Six UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California Community College students who meet specific requirements. UCLA, UC Berkeley and UC San Diego do not participate in the TAG program. TAG applications are due by September 30 the same year a student submits their application for admission. A TAP account is required to submit a TAG application (a student can "TAG" one campus only).
The UC TAG Matrix is updated annually with TAG requirements for each campus and major.
You can also review specific TAG information and requirements for each campus
California Community Colleges have a Transfer Guarantee with 39 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Students who complete certain academic requirements are guaranteed transfer to a participating HBCU.
Most HBCU’s are located in the South and on the East Coast. They were founded after the Civil War to serve the higher education needs of the African-American community, however, they are open to students of all ethnicities.
- HBCU has calendar of events with series of webinars presented by various participating schools and programs.
- Quick Glance-HBCU Fact Sheet to view cost of attendance and other campus quick facts:
The Los Angeles Community College District has a Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement with Loyola Marymount University. In order to qualify for guaranteed admission, students must complete a minimum of 30 semester transferable units and fulfill the conditions outlined in the official LMU Transfer Admission Agreement.
The minimum cumulative GPA a student must earn depends on their major:
- Majors in the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts (3.25 cumulative GPA; 3.5 for Political Science/International Relations major)
- Majors in the College of Communications and Fine Arts (3.25 cumulative GPA; 3.3 for Communication Studies major)
- Majors in the College of Business Administration (3.5 cumulative GPA)
All majors in The School of Film and Television, and all majors in The Seaver College of Science and Engineering DO NOT participate in the guarantee.
The Los Angeles City College MyPath2ASU transfer program includes over 400 course-by-course major maps into on-campus, ASU Local and online ASU degrees. By picking a major and identifying your transfer institution, MyPath2ASU helps to identify what courses to take at your transfer institution for your ASU major. A suite of customized transfer tools that help you:
- Save time and money by helping to plan your time to degree completion
- Personalize course-by-course pathways to minimize loss of transfer credit
- Track your degree progress in real-time through additional Transfer Guide tools like My Transfer Guide
- Earn Guaranteed Admission into your major of choice if all requirements are satisfied.
- Acceptance of IGETC or CSU GE course work for ASU lower-division general studies requirements.
- Minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5 with the completion of an associate degree or IGETC or CSU GE Certification
- Ability to transfer to ASU in the fall or spring semester.
The Los Angeles Community College District has a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with Pepperdine University's Graziadio Business School. This TAG program is only offered for our Bachelor of Science in Management degree. In order to qualify for guaranteed admission, students must complete a minimum of 60 semester transferable units and fulfill the conditions outlined in the Bachelor of Science in Management Requirements.
- TAG requirements include a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8, and a minimum of 2 years cumulative work experience in any field.
- Upon completion of the program, students who receive a 3.4 GPA will have the opportunity to complete their MBA in one additional year via our MBAJ Pathways. Student who graduate with a 3.9 GPA will be eligible for the Scholars Award of a FREE MBA.
- To express interest in the program, or receive a personal consultation, please reach out to:
Tiffany Marmolejo: firstname.lastname@example.org Or schedule a meeting: https://calendly.com/tiffany-marmolejo/pepperdine-office-hours
Ralph Bunche Scholars Program
Dream Resource Center
Download the GradGuru App!
GradGuru is a free app customized by Los Angeles City College that helps you stay on track by sending you tips and alerts on college deadlines!
Office Hours and Location
*Subject to Change*
Mondays to Tuesdays: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Fridays: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Wednesdays to Thursdays and Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
Wednesdays to Thursdays: 10:30AM - 6:00PM
Mondays to Tuesdays and Fridays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Building, 2nd Floor, window #25
855 N. Vermont Avenue. Los Angeles, California 90029
Charnnel Ellis, Transfer Center Director
Phone: (323) 953-4000 Ext: 2215
Connect with us virtually on Cranium Café