THEATER ARTS / THEATRE ACADEMY
Costume Design Alumni
Echo Serna in The Bacchae, Costume Designed by student Johanna Karlen
Alumni working in Costume Design, Wardrobe, Stylist, Fashion, Accessory Designer, etc.
- Annalisa Adams
- Ray Aghayan - acclaimed designer of film - Funny Lady, Doctor Dolittle (1967), Lady Sings the Blues, In Like Flint, Our Man Flint; television - Academy Awards shows, The Judy Garland Show; and stage - Lorelei, On the Town, Applause (nominated for Tony Award).
- Takouhi Akopyan
- Rebecca Almendarez
- Abel Alvarado& - Costume Co-Design - Untitled Warhol Project, Costume Design - Rocks
- Christie Ausbrooks - wedding gown design- Big Love, wardrobe - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Giuseppe Avallon - designer - La Terza Verità, mini series, designer - Veni Via Con Mi, assistant to costume designer April Ferry, HBO mini series Rome, assistant costume designer - Virgin Territory, Malena, costume assistant - The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone 22212
- Danielle Baker - Costume Design - July 7, 1994; Words, Words, Words
- Cherish Basnett - Wardrobe - The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, Wardrobe Head- The Odd Couple (female version), Wardrobe - National Pastime, Within Us, 62309
- Jolianne Baum - Costume Designer- The Narrow Road to the Deep North (Guards, Soldiers, puppets), Costume Designer - Rabbit Hole, nominated to design competition, Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival, Costume Designer - The Magic Fundoshi. 06/23/2009
- Matt Berger - costume designer - The Graveyard, Lethal Eviction, Bound by Lies (aka The Long Dark Kiss), Would I Lie to You?, Trance, The Medicine Show. Freelance costume designer, films, music video. 22212
- Melissa Berrellez - wedding gown design and wardrobe - Big Love
- Constance Bertucelli& - creating one-of-a-kind handbags and T-shirts.
- Tanya Bishop
- Dina Bitar
- Carmen Bohn
- Julius Bronola - Costume Design (KCACTF nominee) - Picnic at Hanging Rock, Costume Design - The Green Hill, Wardrobe Head - Salt
- Miranda Carnessale
- Eduardo Castro - Costume Designers Guild Lifetime Achievement Award, Four Emmy nominations, Four time Costume Designers' Guild Award - Best Costume Design Television- Ugly Betty, also Costume Designer - Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Castle, Pepper Dennis, Eastwick, Death to the Supermodels, Inconceivable, Judging Amy, Miami Vice, Bride & Prejudice, And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself, City of Industry, Kama Sutra; A Tale of Love, Costume Designers Guild Award for Excellence in TV Movie of the Week - Elvis 41514
- Christy Coble - Continued at USC; Costume Design - Lost in Yonkers (nominated to Regional KC/ACTF), Dancing at Lughnasa, The Devil and Billy Markham, The Sandbox, Here Rita!, Tarantino Variations, The Twelve Pound Look, Blue Concerto, Correct Address, The Jewish Wife, Brecht on Brecht at the Odyssey, Unexpected Tenderness and Leftover Hearts at Lee Strasberg Institute, Design assistant - The Waiting Room, Falling in Love - Santa Monica Playhouse, Wardrobe assistant - film Crazy Jane, Wardrobe Intern - film Rockets Red Glare
- Susan Cohen
- Megan Connelly
- Karen Cornejo - collaborates with Midnight Theatre
- John Dane
- Isabella McCann D'Angelo - Wardrobe Crew - The House of Blue Leaves
- Jennifer Davis - pursuing MFA in Costume Design at UCLA, Costume Design - The House of Blue Leaves (KC/ACTF Honorable Mention), Waiting, The Little Match Girl
- Rosanna De Cesare
- Katie Delahanty
- Noelle Dexter - Wardrobe - The Odd Couple (female version)
- Liz Dickson- Costume Design - Dog Sees God (KCACTF Design nominee); It's Our Town, Too; Co-Costume Design- Pride and Prejudice, Narrow Road to the Deep North
- Kelli Donatelli
- Nina Ehrig
- Lorie Enfinger
- Laura Feliz
- Joyce Ferrer - 2010 Ovation Award Nominee - Black Coffee; Universal Studios wardrobe; wedding gown design; wardrobe - Big Love. 21512
- German Flores - 2018 winner of the Television Academy's Summer Internship Award,
- Lauren Fonville
- Betty Garcia
- Elif Girgin - operating Clothing Reform, a full resource costume shop.
- Tamae Glover - lighting assistant, Monster of Happiness, corset construction, Intimate Apparel. 70207
- Mandie Gonzalez - Costume Designer - Within Us, Intimate Apparel, The Women of Troy, An Actor's Nightmare, The Long Goodbye; Wardrobe Head - The Brain from Planet X, Asst. Designer - Moon Over Buffalo 61907
- Veronica Gonzalez -Costume Design Co-ordinator - The Narrow Road to the Deep North, Costume Designer - Rabbit Hole, nominated to design competition, Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival, Costume Designer - Sonny Dee Rees..., Wardrobe - Recent Tragic Events. 06/23/2009
- Valerie Gooden
- Martine Granby - Film Costume Designer and Wardrobe - Zeke and Luther, The Auteur, Pulse, Art Tots, Theatrical Costume Designer - Joe's Garage (World Premiere), Costume Designer - The 17th of June, Wardrobe Head - Recent Tragic Events, Wardrobe - National Pastime, Wardrobe Supervisor - East L.A. Classic Theatre. 06/23/2009
- Ruby Grant
- Margaret Green - Costume Design - Co-Design - School for Scandal (KCACTF Design nominee), Feeding the Moonfish, Prelude and Liebestod, Co-Costume Design- Pride and Prejudice, Co-Costume Design (Tribesmen, Soldiers, Nun)- Narrow Road to the Deep North ;
- Jaya Griffin
- Verity Grover - Costume Designer - The Story of Bob, Last Call, Shelter, Getno, Wardrobe - Fat Actress, Showtime, finishing MBA at Pepperdine with semester in Paris. 22212
- Mia Gyzander - Costume Designer - Supernanny, Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive, Lead Costumer, The Beetlejuice Show, Universal Studios 22212
- Cloudia Hammerl
- Maro Hakopian Parian - freelance costume design - The Master and Margarita for Zoo District, Romeo and Juliet: Circus Verona for Deaf West (and nominated for an LA Weekly Theater Award), manufactures Parian Spirit tm (non-toxic makeup brush cleaner)
- Harold Harpers - Freelance costume designer.
- Sara Honor-Westlake - Construction - Theatre of Operations, Intimate Apparel
- Stone Hubbard - Toured with Dance Theatre of Harlem
- Leslie Rehm Hunt
- Ernest Johnson - Completed MFA at CalArts, in film technique, Region VIII Design competition KC/ACTF The Rivals, freelance costumes, theatre, film & video.
- Johanna Karlen - Designer - Bacchae, Assistant Designer - Common Rooms, TA 105 presentations - Undergarments, The Inside Story, and Twentieth Century Bathing Suits, Corsets, Construction - Little Women, Designer - On Our Way Cross Country, Designer - Male Order, Designer - Monsieur Felix Fox Fly, designed millinery for USC School of Theatre's Ring Round the Moon and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Ju Kemenes -
- Sofi Khatchmanyan
- Tina Kyriakopulos - freelance costumes for theatre, film & video, Regional Costume design winner KC/ACTF for The Dining Room.
- Catalena Lee - Costume intern for TV show Conan, Costume Co-Design - Untitled Warhol Project, Costume and Mask Design - Salt 92513
- Micheal Leon - Wigs and Hair - Oregon Shakespeare Festival; Co-Costume Design, Wig and Hair Design (KCACTF Costume and Wig and Makeup Design nominee) - School for Scandal, Co-Costume Design - Raps (advanced to Regional competition Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival, Co-Costume Design (Wigs and Hair) - Narrow Road to the Deep North, Wardrobe - The Last Days of Judas Iscariot (remount) 30513
- Amanda J. (Lewis) Ferrulli - working wardrobe for IATSE local 768, recently at the Kodak Theatre with American Idol, as well as two years with The Lion King. 101007
- Megan Low
- Nichole Lumpkin - Film Costume and Wardrobe - Honeymoon, Costume Design - Primrose Lane 92513
- Guy Luonglath - Continued at Otis College of Design, Costume Design - Nina In The Morning, Wardrobe Head - Dancing at Lughnasa, Asst. Designer - Night of January 16th, Wardrobe - Julius Caesar - Shakespeare Festival/LA. Completed 1st year at Otis School of Design.
- Liz Martinez - Wardrobe Crew Head - Expecting Isabel, Apprentice Design - The Hot L Baltimore, Wardrobe Crew - Coyote Woman
- Kit McCall
- Cynthia Merino -
- Tara M. Miller - Costume Design -& For Services Rendered, Half Court (nominated to Regional KC/ACTF), Do Over, Sticks and Stones, Design Asst. - Marisol, Streetcar Named Desire, Wardrobe Head - Night of January 16th, All's Well That Ends Well, Costume Design, Key Makeup - film Crazy Jane, Wardrobe Intern - film Rockets Red Glare, Wardrobe Crew - The Waiting Room, Dancing at Lughnasa. Completing undergrad units at LACC.
- Nina Minnelli - Costume Design - Wanda's Visit
- Hannah Miranda -
- Victoria Miranda - Completing BA in Fashion with emphasis in Costume Design for Film - Woodbury University, Wardrobe - Big River, (Deaf West), Costume Design - Manifest, This Is How It Is, Whack 'Em, Smack 'Em, Assistant Designer - After The Fall, All's Well That Ends Well, Wardrobe Head - The Waiting Room, Wardrobe Crew - A Streetcar Named Desire, Dancing at Lughnasa. Now completing degree in Fashion at Trade Tech. 92513
- Amy Mitchell
- Yuliya Mozgova - Costume Design - Under the Balcony, The Little Match Girl, Special Costume Construction - Vlad Dracula (1385)
- Enrique Munoz
- Michaela Nedvidkova - Handbag & hat designer
- Maureen O'Heron - Key Costumer, Mystery Men; Costumer, Wardrobe - Cowboys and Aliens, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, 22212
- Flavia Olivera
- Von Omari - wardrobe crew - The Rivals, crew head - Unto You
- Kimberly Overton - Costume Design - Theatrical Productions: Actor's Co-Op: Elephant Man; Sherlock's Last Case; The Philadelphia Story, Barefoot In the Park; ANMT/NMI: A Ring In Brooklyn*, Frogs In The Living Room*; The Asylum & The Whitmore Theatres: Match; Elephant Stageworks: Tooth and Nail*; Asleep on a Bicycle*; Glendale Centre Theatre: Pillow Talk; A Party To Murder; The Grove: Tsarina*; The Matrix: In A Dark Dark House**; The Meta Theatre: The Laughing Cow*; Open Fist: Proof; Theatre Movement Bazaar (at LACC): Anton’s Uncles*, Chekhov’s Sisters; Travis Donnelly Productions: Dog Sees God.
Academic: Azusa Pacific University: Steel Magnolias, Drowsy Chaperone, Amadeus, Blithe Spirit; How To Succeed…Trying; Merrily We Roll Along; The Seagull, KCACTF Costume Design recognition; Much Ado About Nothing, Hello Dolly; An Ideal Husband, 7 Stories, Faustus*, Kindertransport; California Lutheran University: Into the Woods; Hamilton Music Academy: 2007-present musicals, Anything Goes; Once Upon A Mattress; Hairspray; A Chorus Line; Pippin, Into The Woods; Guys and Dolls; A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum; Gypsy; Cabaret; Oklahoma; Merrily We Roll Along; Les Miserables; Annie Get Your Gun. Costume Designer, National Youth Awards; Maranantha High School: Thoroughly Modern Millie (2014).
She also serves as KCACTF Responder, Region 8 and is an Adjunct Professor at APU.
Awards include; LA’s StageScene “Best of”; KCACTF Costume Design: National Youth Awards for several productions; Theatre Movement Bazaar: Anton’s: KCACTF National: Kennedy Center 2010, Fringe First 2011 Edinburgh.100614
*denotes World Premiere ~ ** denotes West Coast Premiere
- Stephanie Pasakarnis - Costume Design -& Bolero, Co-Costume Design- Pride and Prejudice
- Shawn Paschall
- Kathryn Peot
- Hylee Phillips - Key Costumer - Web Therapy 92513
- Patrick Porter - went on to UCLA , costumed for Theme Events Ltd., Living History Center, Theatre of the Air, and freelance design. Is now costume shop manager for Ferndale Repertory Theatre in Humboldt County, California.
- Victor Prim - Completed degree at Antioch College. Regional Design nominee KC/ACTF Unto You, Freelance designer, choreographer with Upward Bound/LACC, freelance costumes, theatre, film & video. 61908
- Lisette Ramirez -
- Converna Ray - Construction - Theatre of Operations, Intimate Apparel, The Brain from Planet X
- Candy Redding -
- Terri Reh - Completed AA with honors, Designer - The Brain from Planet X, Designer - Fuddy Meers, Asst. designer - Loose Ends, Designer - The Indian Wants the Bronx, Designer - Rain. 111507
- Leslie Rehm Hunt - Costume Design - 'Dentity Crisis, Time Flies, Co-Costume Design- Pride and Prejudice, Co-Costume Design- Narrow Road to the Deep North
- Tori Roberts - Costume Design - Narrow Road to the Deep North (Shogo) 62309
- Heide Rochte - freelance costumes, theatre, film & video
- Dave Rosales - Costume Design - The Shape of Things nominated to design competition, Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival, Wardrobe - The Last Days of Judas Iscariot. 62309
- Francoise Saint Pierre - Wardrobe Crew - The House of Blue Leaves
- Lena Salaam-Rashid -Asst. Costume Design - Zombie Attack!, Designer - Todd and Guy Go Camping, Designer - The Intercession, Designer - Krush, Designer - Ten Memories of My Mother, In the Order I Think of Them, Construction - Little Women, Wardrobe Crew - Manifest
- Lawren Sample - is a stylist and has started her own line of clothes under the company name Debutant.
- Joan Schmidt
- Andres Serrano - Costume Crafts - Narrow Road to the Deep North, Costume Designer - Sorry, Wardrobe - The Odd Couple (Female Version). 62309
- Jinny Shen - Wardrobe - The Odd Couple (female version)
- Adam Siegel - Asst. Designer - Picasso at the Lapin Agile, Design - Nina in the Morning, Design and Wardrobe - Stop Kiss
- SaeHee Simmons - Wardrobe Production Assistant - Criminal Minds 22212
- Beth Simons - Wardrobe Head - Top Girls, Wardrobe Asst. - Cher Antoine
- Barbara Sims
- Laura Talley - working with the Palm Springs Follies
- Deborah Terry
- Mari Ter-Stepanyan -
- Phyllis Saunders Toney - Apparel and costume design for major entertainment icons. 30513
- Ellen Tuinenga
- Bridgette Wallace -
- Adriana Wilbur
- Sarah Wilkins -& Costume Design - Waiting for Lefty
- Agnes Fowler Williams - Wardrobe Crew - The Brain from Planet X
- Allan Wilson
- Diane Winesburg - Designed promotional creations for TubeWorks of Calabasas, Costume Shop Manager for Shakespeare Festival/LA at LACC, Master of Fine Arts in Design (Costume) from Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, co-designed Rhinoceros at the Odyssey Theatre Ensemble, and designed TACIT productions at Caltech.
- Marilyn Wolski
- Olga Yaroshevska - Wardrobe - School for Scandal
- Jessica Zavala - completing a Bachelors in Fashion with an emphasis on Costume for Film at Woodbury University, interning with NBC Universal costume house, costume intern for TV show Conan at Warner Bros., costume design - film Once Upon a Zipper, on set costume Ridiculousness, Rafael Jaen Award for most promising Designer KCACTF regional Festival 2012 - Costume Co-Design - The Unseen Hand (a regional performance finalist). 41514
Costumes Designed by student Mandie Gonzalez
So, what are you doing? Who else have you seen or heard from? Let us know so we can post the news here. email@example.com
Academic Programs: Theater Arts / Theatre Academy [PDF] (Theater awards & certificates, p. 61)
College Catalog (Theater class descriptions pp. 178-184)
Life at LACC
Learn more about the Theater Arts program at LACC by following our Student Blogger Rachel!
To leave a message:
Phone: (323) 953-4000 x2970
Visitors and playgoers, please visit LACCD Check-In before arriving
Theater Department Box Office
to leave a message:
Phone: (323) 953-4000 x2990
Costume Design Program
Technical Theater Entertainment Technology Program