Welcome to Los Angeles City College’s Online Counseling
Although the LACC campus is closed due to the Covid-19 emergency, counseling faculty are able to assist you through online chat, phone, email, or virtual appointments.
Group Counseling Sessions are available and recommended for brand new students.
Online Express Counseling is usually a 10-15 minute conversation with a counselor for any of the following:
- Prerequisite clearances
- Course advisement
- Information about associate degree/certificate programs
- General education patterns
- IGETC / CSU GE-Breadth inquiries and certification
- Information about important enrollment deadlines and registration assistance
- Clarification of college policies and procedures
- Brief assistance with various forms/petitions such as: academic renewal, course repeat, pass/non pass, excess units, etc.
- Information about campus support resources and/or programs
Express Counseling is not for comprehensive education plans, transcript evaluations, financial aid appeals, academic probation appeals, or graduation checks and graduation petitioning. If you need more than 10 minutes, you will be referred to schedule a counseling appointment.
Our online appointments are 30-60 minute sessions with a counselor to go over courses, majors and requirements, academic policies, transfer, career exploration, comprehensive educational planning and mapping of courses. Appointment slots open on a "rolling" basis where the system will automatically search for openings one week in advance or if cancellations occur during the week.
- Overall major exploration and course selection
- Comprehensive student educational plans and mapping of courses
- Educational plans for financial aid appeals
- Progress and academic probation; reinstatement
- Evaluation of coursework and external exams completed outside of LACCD
- Transfer planning and advice to CSU, UC and private universities
- IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth certification
- Pre-graduation check and petitioning
Please Note: Appointments are conducted via phone or video conference. Counseling appointments are limited and reserved for counseling services that cannot be completed via Live Chat.
For spring 2022 semester we are coninuing online services as well as having counselors in-person (M-TH 9-3). Hours subject to change.
Counseling Intern Pool:
To apply for possible 2022-2023 Unclassified Paid Intern positions in the Counseling Department (must be enrolled in college undergraduate or graduate programs), please complete the form at this LINK. Applications are due May 31, 2022.
Hours of Operation
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Saturdays and Sundays: Closed
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Fridays to Sundays: Closed
Student Services Building, 2nd Floor
E. Bird Song Chair, Counseling
Phone: (323) 953 4000 ext. 2062
Phone: (323) 953 4000 ext. 2250
Schedule an Online Appointment (30-60 min) with Cranium Café
Express Counseling (Walk-In)